Thursday, January 15, 2009

my new favourite thing....

For the past couple of days, I've been trying to figure out how to knot 1mm waxed cotton with beads that have a 1mm hole, which in theory sounds simple enough. But, after several trails resulting only with my frustration, I gave up using the waxed cotton and brought out the Silkon .5mm nylon thread. Success! I'm pretty pleased with the results, (and I think I've found a new obsession). I'm really loving the fluidity of movement using thread brings to the piece. It moulds to your shape beautifully, very comfy.

Natural 12mm Fossil beads were used with chocolate brown thread, one carved wooden feature bead set asymmetrically, and an interesting vintage olive green button I found in my local op shop.

I'm not sure weather or not to list this in my Etsy store...I think i'll do a couple of bracelets and list those...I'm a bit partial to this one so it might have to stay here with me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment